Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tomato trades mailed

Wow, the post office must be wondering what kind of 'trade' exactly I am in. Ever week, I come with 4 or more letters of 'seeds' to mail out. I think the young man behind the counter today gave me a look. I wanted to say to tell him they are JUST tomato (and other veggie) seeds, really.

The point is that I am currently up to date in mailing out seeds after that last batch of 12 or so letters and packages. If you have sent me your address, I have sent you seeds.

I'm thrilled about the way the gardening community is getting together to share our seed wealth. For those of you that haven't heard me mention it, I am also part of an international seed network, started by Bifucated Carrot: great idea, great blog.

8 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

I mailed out your seeds a couple of days ago. I didn't bother to go to the PO though. I just put stamps on the envelope and mailed it. Hopefully you will get it. If not let me know and I'll try it again.

Dan said...

My seeds arrived today, thanks very much!

I was half awake when I checked the mail. I took the packet out and started to read 'otamot'... then realized I had the packet backwards! Thanks again for the seed & the laugh!

sweetlocal said...

nice blog!

Ottawa Gardener said...

Yours too as did yours PG, SF, EFT and A (codes are fun). All within a couple days of each other. Thanks so much guys for your generousity. Let me know how the seeds germinate as I'll send more if the germination is poor.

P.S. backwards reading when tired. Cool. I think I just see in double.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Thanks Sweetlocal: I tried to find your blog, but I your profile is private. Write me your url and I'll pop over.

Susan Tomlinson said...

I just got mine in yesterday, and will package some up for you tonight. :-)

Bishops Homegrown said...

It's pretty amazing what we as gardeners are able to do in todays day and age! Between our blogs, the seed savers network, and the Homegrown Goodness messageboard, we are accomplishing some truly great things! Keep up the good work my friend!

Anonymous said...

Seeds arrived. Thanks so much.